KING COUNTY, WA — Mother’s Day arrives Sunday, and those of us waiting until the last minute still have a handful of options around the region to pick up fresh flowers for mom to enjoy over the weekend.
Though many farmer’s markets run during the week, a few of them operate on Saturdays and Sundays, and most are kicking off their season Saturday. Shoppers can expect them to be well-stocked with flower arrangements and other gifts to help make the holiday special.
Here are a few ideas for last-minute Mother’s Day shopping around King County:
- Location: 129 5th Avenue North
- Hours: Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (May 7 – Oct. 8)
Pike Place Market
- Mom’s Market Day
- May 8 | 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Enjoy live music, kids’ activities, scavenger hunts, temporary mom tattoos and more.
- 14th Annual Flower Festival
- May 7 – 8 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Over 40 tents will line Pike Place featuring flower farmers from King, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties. Bouquets will be bursting with tulips, daffodils, irises, and the season’s favorite peonies.
Find more local farms and markets via Eat Local First.
Source: Bellevue Patch